Ten Fashion Designers to Inspire Interiors
Sunday, August 17th, 2014
Image courtesy of Jennifer Prugh Visosky
By Jennifer Prugh Visosky
Designer Jennifer Prugh Visosky, owner of Grace Home Design, dubs herself a “small mountain-town girl.” “My hometown of Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is famous for expert skiing, the Grand Tetons, and the Cowboy Bar—of which the allure of Clint Eastwood’s star power still hangs in the air,” she says. “The town-boardwalk style is besotted with Patagonia, Carhartt, and Stetson. Dressed for the rugged outdoors, a catwalk we are not.” That doesn’t mean Visosky doesn’t have a keen sense of fashion that influences her work. Here she shares nine fashion designers and one chic fashion blogger that never fail to stimulate her work.
1. Chloe’s fall collections are luxe layers of delicious fabrics and ardent pops of color that represent the core of design persuasion easily translated from runway to interior.
2. Isabel Marant’s feminine style is laced with subtle hints of masculinity while remaining beautifully relaxed and approachable.
3. Rag & Bone’s cult-classic, urban threads are suggestive backdrops for accessories like window dressings or a raised texture in a wallcovering.
4. The youthful spirit in the House of Nina Ricci offers a fresh lightness in aesthetic.
5. Though House of Nina Ricci exudes femininity, when balanced with hints from Band of Outsiders' vintage and trendy influences, it can give more weight to the interior.
6. Embellishments and kinetic color from Rochas give me ideas on how to ruffle a room with spirited accessories, such as a bed head with a Chanel jacket.
7. Chanel, of course, is always on the edge but rooted in timeless appeal. I adore the styling of the models with the clothing, as it adds an element of surprise and makes the look ever more approachable.
8. Burberry Prorsum is the ultimate expression in layered dressing, not to mention this season’s polka-dot-and-stripe pairing, which is a lesson on how two brave patterns can work together to create an ageless look.
9. Dolce & Gabbana is always breathing and spontaneous. They are pure bliss in the power of diverse color and pattern fraternization.
10. Garance Doré is an illustrator and fashion blogger with supremely good taste—inspiring, also, for her self-deprecating humor and graceful approach to her work.
Tagged with: Band of Outsiders • Burberry Prorsum • Chanel • Chloe • Dolce & Gabbana • Garance Doré • Grace Home Design • House of Nina Ricci • Isabel Marant • Jackson Hole • Jennifer Prugh Visosky • Rag & Bone • Rochas